Friday, July 22, 2011

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...

Yesterday I went to my second pre-op appointment for my gallbladder surgery. The first pre-op appointment was disastrous since the surgeon was a complete jerk. I won't bother to go into details except to say he was really rude and that he really should not be in the line of work that he is.


The surgeon I saw yesterday was really nice and answered all my questions. My surgery is set for August 8th and I will be so glad to get it over with. I have been dealing with this pain for the last ten years. During the last few months I have been in constant pain and sometimes the pain gets unbearable. Needless to say, I will be overjoyed when I can go about my life without having the pain dictate what I can or cannot do.


I'm sorry that I haven't been on to blog, but I had a bad episode of pain and when that happens I really do not think about blogging.


The discussions in my CRJ 201 class are about "Jails and Prisons" and "The United States v. Leon". Unfortunately, I have a lot of knowledge about jails and prisons since my father was a police officer and the fact that certain relatives seem to think that incarceration is a way of life. The United States v. Leon was about giving my own opinion of the verdict. It had to do with the fourth amendment and the exclusionary rule. It really does not matter how we "feel" about something when it comes to laws and rules. If a search warrant is given without sufficient probable cause then the search warrant is not valid and the evidence gets suppressed regardless of how important it may be in a case.


Have a great Friday everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment