Saturday, July 9, 2011

Introduction

I'm a thirty something married mother of two and working on my BA at the fine school of AU. I started in 2008 originally shooting for just a "psychology" major, but then added on a second major in "social and criminal justice".


I used to think that college would be something that I could never achieve since due to my upbringing it just wasn't something that my family ever did. Psychology was always important to me and I was always drawn to helping others with their problems. If I had a nickel for every single time someone told me, "You would be such a good psychiatrist" well, I surely wouldn't have student loans now would I?


I'm sure the next year of blogging will be quite interesting since even though I love AU I have gotten quite discouraged and lost my faith in my fellow classmates. I never knew that so many people cheated their way through college... honestly what is the point in doing that? I really hope that at some point it catches up with them since I really would hate to see these people do anything like being a nonprofit counselor and have no real idea what psychology is about (I mention nonprofit counseling since that was the goal of one woman in my class that cheated like crazy.).


Anyhow, I plan on stating life as plainly as I can. I will be as nice as humanly possible since I can be a bit blunt about things, when I feel passionately about something. Feel free to leave comments and advice...oh and I guess you can send hate mail too, even though we all know what that truly means. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment