Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Recovering from illness...

The last twenty four hours has been pretty horrible. I started off my Monday morning with a lot of stomach pain and no sleep since the pain was preventing me from obtaining any rest. Over the period of the last ten years I have had pain such as this that was diagnosed as gall bladder issues. Recently, the pain has become a lot worse and the attacks are lasting a lot longer. This time was no exception. Thankfully my husband was home with me so I was able to lay down and try to ride it out. I almost went to the doctor since the pain was so intense and my breathing was shallow, but I stuck it out and got through the worst of it.


Unfortunately, my weekly assignment in my CRJ 201 class was due as were my weekly response posts to fellow students. Thankfully the pain wasn't as bad when I finally sat down in front of my computer. I didn't get to review my paper as much as I wanted so I'm crossing my fingers that I did well enough of a job on it. It took a bit long trying to post my responses in the discussion since I was really out of it from the pain and the prescribed medicine that I take for it.


It's not like it is easy to respond to people in the classes to begin with since it can be really hard to find someone that has wrote a good discussion post that you can comment on. There have been many times that I end up commenting on a post by providing information that the other person did not cover. Our posts are supposed to be between 250-300 words, but most of the people who really do not put forth that much effort ignore that and post less than 100 words. I know that this happens at many colleges since I have friends in other universities that complain of the same thing.


Thankfully, the other students do not have that much of an impact on how well I do on my own assignments. If they were group assignments I would be majorly freaking out since I never receive anything lower than an A and I don't plan to start getting less than the best. At the University of Phoenix  they do the group assignments and one of my friends is constantly having to pull all of the weight of the group and assemble a project with very little data from the others.


I'm still not feeling great...so forgive me if I seem to be a bit grouchy or off topic. I promise that when I do recover that my blogs will be much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment